Gandhali Bhole, Executive Director, Business Development
Karim Abdelrazek, Director, Business Development
As the clinical research industry becomes more technology-centric than ever before, it’s essential for clinical research organizations (CROs) to work with technology platforms to streamline studies to become more patient-focused, data-driven, and efficient. Using eCOA/ePRO in your trial is a powerful way to enable patient centricity, as you’re collecting data directly from the patient, and in a timely manner.
While it may feel simpler – and cheaper – to stick with old-fashioned paper forms, the right eCOA solution can give you real-time insight into the health of your studies and your participants, especially given the growth of decentralized trials.
As you explore your options, you’ll no doubt compare the features and functionality of various eCOA/ePRO platforms. We suggest you go a step further, evaluating each prospective partner on their end-to-end service, including:
- A singular focus on the patient. Does the solution improve the patient experience? Consider if the technology offers a consumer-grade experience – something so interesting that the participant is motivated to log in daily to complete instruments.
- Ease of sales. Consider how the eCOA/ePRO partner’s size aligns with the size of your organization. Will you have a dedicated resource, or will you be one of many customers vying for support? Seek a partner with pre-sales resources to support you, with the ability to generate and revise pricing quickly… or, most importantly, a partner with simple, transparent pricing
- Speed of deployment. Probe on how long it will take to get the eCOA/ePRO platform up and running. Some companies may propose a months-long deployment process. Instead, look for an option that can be up and running in a matter of weeks. To drive faster deployment, choose a solution with out-of-the-box features to support the patient journey. You should also look for an option that makes it easy to design and modify your study in hours, not weeks.
- Value. For any study, you need to address two key goals. First, the eCOA/ePRO partner should make it simple and sustainable to integrate their solution (and associated costs) into your larger offering. Second, the partner’s platform should offer unique features that strengthen your CRO’s differentiation in a crowded marketplace.
- Quality and Transparency of Data Reporting. Real-time insight is crucial to the success of your trial. It’s essential to partner with a provider that enables real-time analysis, so you can take immediate action to seize opportunities or address any challenges that arise.
Ask these hard questions as you evaluate your options and make your decision. A prospective partner’s willingness to engage around these criteria—and their ability to provide tangible answers—will guide you to the best possible choice.
Datacubed Health offers an innovative approach to clinical outcomes and patient-reported outcomes data, and that is through Linkt. Click here to learn more about our eCOA/ePRO platform with additional out-of-the-box features that support the patient journey.