Website Datacubed Health
Are you passionate about being responsible for the development, implementation and operations of a wide variety of systems and mix of design, support, maintenance, troubleshooting, project management and hands on technical implementation? Are you driven to ensure products are secure and reliable for our customers and internal teams? Would you be excited about joining a data science start-up engaging in state-of-the art technologies, research and analysis? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your skills? Come join our brand-new start-up to revolutionize data collection for a wide range of studies extending from health and behavior to education and consumer finances.
We are seeking an experienced and outstanding Sr. DevOps Engineer to collaborate with business operations, designers, measurement & technology scientists, and software development engineers. Help design, develop and operate state-of-the-art AWS private-public cloud systems. Interact with third-party technology vendors and internal staff. Conduct systems analysis & development to keep systems current with changing technologies, including installing new hardware & software, troubleshooting hardware & software, granting permissions to applications, and training users.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
Datacubed Health is an exciting start-up in Big Data and Predictive Analytics space. Datacubed was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and it is developing a revolutionary data collection and analysis platform that will disrupt longitudinal research. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup that seeks to revolutionize our knowledge of human behavior.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
As a Sr, DevOps engineer, you’ll ensure company and client systems (Cloud, Server, Desktop) can support our rapidly growing business. You will be responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. You will maintain the integrity and security of servers and system and serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues and make recommendations for hardware and software purchases. You will also maintain and manage the AWS Cloud infrastructure.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Design & Develop tasks
- Extend, design and develop the automated build and deployment process
- Manage and develop hardware server platform
- Build and maintain a highly fault tolerant infrastructure on private/public cloud
- Build cutting-edge automation tools to improve capacity and velocity for software engineers and production operations
- Collaborate as part of an agile team, learning new skillsets as needed.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Ensure data integrity and data security including conducting and maintaining data operations and system management at the highest possible security levels as well recommending best practices in system management and setting example for security-conscious behaviors across organization.
- Support, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
- Drive resolution of issues identified via application and systems monitoring, as well as assigned tasks and incident tickets.
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the IT infrastructure, to include administering developer desktops that are part of a securely managed environment.
- Maintenance and security support of company LAN infrastructure.
- Software releases and technical implementation tasks
- Document processes, automation scripts, and infrastructure assets.
- Identify appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Long-term, migrate an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Install new hardware & software, troubleshoot h/w and s/w, manage permissions to applications, and training users
- BA or BS degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps
- Experience scripting with Terraform, Python and Bash
- Experience with administering Cloud-based environments, such as AWS
- Experience with Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with operating in an Agile methodology environment
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows administration
- Knowledge of Release Engineering, Container Orchestration and Microservices
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Experience with log aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash
- Experience operating an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle and treat confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects, competing demands, focus on key priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor as needed.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing skills are essential.
Preferred skills and/or experiences:
- AWS Certification, including Certified Solutions Architect, Certified Developer, Certified SysOps Administrator, or Certified DevOps Engineer
- Company startup experience.
- Familiarity with Packer, WordPress, Apache/Nginx, DNS, CDN, SSL/TLS
- Familiarity with academic institutions and/or research projects
- Familiarity with healthcare, finance or other regulated environments a plus.
- Demonstrated interests in privacy/security, philanthropy and/or innovation/exploration.
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org