Website Datacubed Health
Do you like developing innovative and engaging apps for Android? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your skills?
We are seeking an experienced Android developer to help develop our mobile apps used for engaging research participants and collecting data for large scale research and health studies. This position reports to the mobile development lead.
Data Cubed (D3) is an exciting start-up providing a revolutionary mHealth platform. D3 was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities
Work closely with UX and scientific team members to develop features for our Android application.
- Design and build cutting edge apps on the Android platform.
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, scalable and high performance apps & enhancements in a timely manner,
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 4+ years of experience in Android development and its SDK.
- 4+ years of experience in Java programming.
- 3+ years of experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Have published at least two Android app at Google Play.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile software development life cycle.
- Extensive experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Experience working collaboratively with UX designers
- Extensive use of code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
- S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Data Cubed, Inc. (D3) will transform our understanding of being human. D3 is transforming precision medicine by combining genotyping and deep phenotyping. D3 develops next-gen mHealth data capture tools to unlock the power of clinical trials with low-cost practical solutions with more actionable data. Data3 was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and it is developing a revolutionary data collection and analysis platform that will disrupt longitudinal research and make novel discoveries empowering healthcare companies to deliver on the promise of precision medicine, behavioral nudging and eliminating waste.
This is a great organization to get in on the ground floor of a startup that seeks to revolutionize our knowledge of human behavior. Our mission is Better Data based on Better Science, yielding Better Analysis and Better Policy. We’re a talented bunch of people seeking to unlock our human code, showing the connectedness to the physical world, unveiling all of the factors that make humans…human, and unleash the intrinsic value in doing so. Data3’s world headquarter is located in Brooklyn, New York. Visit us online at www.DataCubed.com.
DataCubed is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org