Datacubed Health is a pioneering technology company making better science and healthier communities a reality. Driven by behavioral science, we build tools to support healthcare and life science research—from academic studies to clinical trials—to improve patient retention and compliance. We believe that better data and positive health outcomes begins with understanding the holistic life of an individual.
We are seeking an enterprising product designer to shape our web-based tool for study administrators and scientists to design and analyze long-term studies. This role will report to the Director of Design and will work cross-functionally to collaborate with product owners, designers, and engineering teams and be responsible for the design of our ever-evolving web platform and taking initiative on other projects as needed in a growing startup.
If advancing the sciences sounds exciting to you, join us!
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
How we define success
The design team at Datacubed Health balances client requirements, engineering feasibility, and the complexities of the healthcare industry to build well-crafted healthcare tools. We evaluate success with these core values in mind:
Helpful – Are we proactively responding to the needs of both researchers and participants?
Usable – Is our product accessible to users regardless of age, gender, disability, or socioeconomic background?
Motivating – Are we motivating participants to drive compliance?
Insightful – Are we empowering research teams by delivering high-quality data?
- Work closely with the product manager to shape client and user needs into clear requirements
- Define the design processes for requirements on a case-by-case basis
- Work with our research science team to understand user problems and behaviors
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to identify what’s working and what’s not
- Collaborate with engineering to weigh trade-offs and prioritize tasks
- Own the information architecture and system design of our enterprise product
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and screen designs
- Manage workload to meet project deadlines
- Help evolve and maintain our design system
- Bachelor’s degree in human-centered design, human-computer interaction, or similar
- 1+ year(s) of experience in product design
- Portfolio of previous professional work demonstrating problem-solving abilities and well-defined processes
- Excellent understanding of user flows, information architecture, and content hierarchy
- Experience collaborating on user research
- Ability to effectively communicate across teams
- Excited to work at a dynamic healthcare startup
Preferred skills and/or experiences
- Experience working in a big data environment, skilled in data visualization
- Experience working in healthcare
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Datacubed Health is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org