Do you like developing innovative and engaging apps for Android? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your skills?
We are seeking an Android Engineer to help develop our mobile apps used for engaging research participants and collecting data for large scale research and health studies.
This intern position will report to the Director of Mobile Engineering and is based on-site in Brooklyn, NY. Sponsorship is not currently offered for this position and employees must be authorized to work in the US.
Datacubed Health was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
We offer a competitive hourly salary. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
- Build cutting edge apps on the Android platform
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, scalable and high performance apps & enhancements in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other Android Engineers to implement new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- 1+ years of experience in Android development and its SDK
- 1+ years of experience in Java programming
- 1+ years of experience in Kotlin programming
- 1+ years of experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Have published at least two Android app at Google Play
- Understanding of Agile development life cycle
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Use of code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
- S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in a regulated industry (healthcare, finance)
- Experience building highly secure systems.
- Demonstrated interests in privacy/security, philanthropy and/or innovation/exploration
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Datacubed Health is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York. Datacubed Health is a pioneering technology company making better science and healthier communities a reality. We apply individualized solutions for the capture of data, including smartphone apps, wearable, in-home, and environmental sensors. We specialize in remote engagement with patients and virtual clinical studies. Focusing on healthcare and life sciences, Datacubed Health offers software and services driven by behavioral science to improve patient retention and compliance, resulting in better data and positive health outcomes. We believe that the best way to unlock the insights that have eluded scientists is understanding the holistic life of an individual.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com