Do you like building and ensuring delivery of high quality innovative and engaging apps for web and mobile use? Are you looking to help build a multi-faceted system to test and grow your skills?
We are seeking an experienced full stack engineer to help develop the core platform which our apps and back office systems rely upon for gathering data in clinical research studies, while helping to integrate our system with a variety of partner and client workflows.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
Data Cubed (D3) is an exciting start-up providing a revolutionary mHealth platform. D3 was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities
Back-end systems developer will report to the Software Platform Lead, and will design, develop and maintain the data collection, verification and data operations platforms. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with technical and scientific team members to collect technical and design requirements for data acquisition
- Develop APIs for ingestion of data from our mobile apps
- Writing code and product documentation for our growing system
- Work closely with data analysts to implement data validations and data quality standards
- Define and maintain metadata, data policies, and business data rules
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- In-depth understanding of HTTP, Internet Security, and authentication
- Previous experience implementing API calls with secure authentication (e.g. OAuth, JWT)
- Experience working with third party APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. git)
- Experience creating ETL scripts based on data ingestion and data mapping requirements
- Hands on experience using AWS
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Data Cubed, Inc. (D3) will transform our understanding of being human. D3 is transforming precision medicine by combining genotyping and deep phenotyping. D3 develops next-gen mHealth data capture tools to unlock the power of clinical trials with low-cost practical solutions with more actionable data. Data3 was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and it is developing a revolutionary data collection and analysis platform that will disrupt longitudinal research and make novel discoveries empowering healthcare companies to deliver on the promise of precision medicine, behavioral nudging and eliminating waste.
This is a great organization to get in on the ground floor of a startup that seeks to revolutionize our knowledge of human behavior. Our mission is Better Data based on Better Science, yielding Better Analysis and Better Policy. We’re a talented bunch of people seeking to unlock our human code, showing the connectedness to the physical world, unveiling all of the factors that make humans…human, and unleash the intrinsic value in doing so. Data3’s world headquarter is located in Brooklyn, New York. Visit us online at www.DataCubed.com.
DataCubed is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com