Website Datacubed Health
Data Cubed is an emerging leader in innovative healthcare apps designed for improving the lives of patients in clinical research trials and providing rich data sets for better healthcare outcomes. Our SaaS platform combines a cutting-edge mobile app and connected IoT devices built on top of a secure cloud infrastructure.
We are seeking an experienced developer and team leader to join our group and oversee the growth and development of our SaaS platform for healthcare and clinical research. We are looking for a proven leader with experience in managing and working across disciplines, including mobile, web, platform development as well as overseeing QA and DevOps teams.
As Director, you will be responsible for collaborating with sales, design and product teams to understand unique customer needs and how to incorporate and respond to those demands in a scalable and integrated way to our core platform. You will be responsible for helping to scope and plan project roadmaps and manage resources across multiple backlogs. You will also help to shape a growing corporate culture, defining best practices and processes across teams and ensuring high quality code delivery and operational excellence.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The Director will report to Chief Technology Officer, and will lead all software development efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage system architecture for the SaaS platform including integration efforts with external systems.
- Lead and manage software development and QA teams for mobile apps, web front end and back-end platform.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the development team.
- Support team culture and engagement including 1:1 meetings, staff communications and inter-team communications and planning
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, scalable and high performance solutions.
- Oversee security and regulatory best practices to ensure the system is built in compliance with modern regulatory requirements including FDA Part 11, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Work closely with product and design teams to understand future goals and roadmaps and provide feedback on operationalizing best in class design.
- Act as scrum master across engineering teams to ensure team operations and sprint plans are managed and delivered effectively.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve system capabilities and maximize development efficiency.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a manager of a cross-functional development team,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a hands-on developer for complex systems,
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably SaaS / PaaS delivery model.
- Experience with modern web frameworks including React, Redux.
- Experience implementing microservices and REST API development.
- Extensive experience in software / systems development life cycle (e.g., requirements gathering, planning, development, maintenance),
- Extensive experience with key web server applications and concepts, such as user administration, data storage and system security,
- Extensive experience with code versioning and continuous integration workflows including Github, Docker, Circle CI.
- Experience working with Cloud solutions, such as AWS, Azure
- Experience with operations and security tools, such as Splunk
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision,
- Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, MS highly preferred.
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in understanding regulated environments such as healthcare or fintech.
- Experience managing outsourced engineering teams.
- Experience overseeing QA processes including automation and test definition.
- Professional certifications such as Agile, Scrum Master, AWS, etc
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Data Cubed is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org