Are you passionate about creating impact by developing new business efforts? Do you thrive working in the healthcare and life sciences space? Do you excel in lead generation and market research? Would you be excited about joining a data science company engaging in state-of-the art technologies, research and analysis? Come join us in revolutionizing data collection for a wide range of studies extending from health and behavior to cognition.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Director of Business Development to identify and pursue potential revenue-producing opportunities. The qualified candidate can think strategically, act quickly with integrity, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
Our company is a cutting-edge innovator in the mobile technology space, called Datacubed Health. We were founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and we use gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below)
Datacubed Health is a pioneering technology company making better science and healthier communities a reality. We apply individualized solutions for the capture of data, including smartphone apps, wearable, in-home, and environmental sensors. We specialize in remote engagement with patients and virtual clinical studies. Focusing on healthcare and life sciences, Datacubed Health offers software and services based on behavioral science to improve patient retention and compliance, resulting in better data and positive health outcomes. We believe that the best way to unlock the insights that have eluded scientists is understanding the holistic life of an individual.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Datacubed Health is seeking a Director of Business Development to engage pharmaceutical industry leaders, to build awareness, and to lead efforts to secure licensing contracts. This is a senior role within Datacubed’s Commercial division. Duties and responsibilities typically include:
- Build and nurture strong relationships with senior executives within an R&D function of companies responsible for clinical, RWE, CROs and/or data sciences
- Cultivate partnerships and turn customer challenges into sound solutions
- Use ethical sales techniques to represent the company in a professional manner
GROW AND CLOSE ROBUST PIPELINE:
- Collaborate with Datacubed’s C-level executives on evaluating new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment
- Present product solutions overview
- Manage the complete deal process from initial prospecting, pipeline development, use-case discussions, technical review, proposal creation, negotiation, and implementation & post-sales satisfaction
- Understand key endpoints and decision criteria within a clinical study protocol
Given the civic mission of the company, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years work experience
- Proven network of relevant industry contacts plus 2 or more years successful track record working with executives within the R&D function of biopharma companies
- Strong portfolio of previous professional work with clear understanding of your role and contributions on each project
- SaaS/PaaS (or similar “as-a-Service”) experience
- Relevant business development and/or large-scale deal-making experience
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills focused on building trust and ongoing relationships.
- Confident self-starter with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- An ability to persevere through deal cycles with a positive attitude
- Creativity to brainstorm & discuss new use-cases for data in any industry vertical
- Excellent English writing, speaking & presentation skills
Preferred skills and/or experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree specifically in business management, information systems, finance, marketing, biology, chemistry or related field
- Familiarity with mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and/or clinical applications
- Familiarity with consulting and/or data analysis services
- Familiarity with enterprise software solutions
- Location preferred in London, UK or nearby
Compensation (salary and incentive membership profit units) will be commensurate with experience and some of our benefits include medical, dental and vision. Note: Sponsorship and/or relocation is not offered for this position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com