Are you passionate about ramping up fiscal capabilities following a Series A funding and demonstrating the organizational capacity to make money? Do you possess a solid foundation in US GAAP and have experience working with an ERP system delivering accounting integrity? Are you driven to manage compliance for revenue recognition of SaaS products, to remain knowledgeable of sales tax obligations nationally and internationally, to mature accounting practices and ready the organization to implement new ERP?
Datacubed Health is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Controller. This role supports sales, compliance, project delivery & implementation, and the executive suite. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, accountant, clients, and division chiefs. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and bring with him/her a willingness to offer extra assistance across departments.
Datacubed Health is a cutting-edge innovator in the mobile technology space. Datacubed was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and the company uses gaming, cloud computing, and social activation to engage users, capture real-world data & improve patient retention.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities of the Controller:
As Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring routine accounting, reporting, and control of the company’s books. Your tasks will include planning and managing all accounting operational functions, assembling the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assessing accounting and internal control systems, and guiding company staff on related matters. To be successful, you will bring an excellent entrepreneurial mindset. You will be expected to keep knowledge and information flowing seamlessly for decision making at management & board level.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate with officers of the company to produce, maintain, and monitor the annual budget and forecasts
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll, journal entries, robust balance sheet account reconciliations, trial balance reviews, and financial reporting, both externally and internally
- Reconciliation of receipts and expenses
- Manage monthly and annual close of the income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Serve as the primary point of contact for tax return preparation with an outside accounting firm.
- Advance initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning, and implementation including but not limited to identifying improvement opportunities to advance key process metrics, lead process automation, standardization, and continuous improvements across function and the business.
- Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) focused on current and future performance.
- Assess, execute, and improve policies, procedures, controls, and most methodologies
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another business-related field
- Advanced credentials such as CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of progressive GAAP accounting experience, including preferred prior experience as a Controller
- Familiarity working with and/or implementing an ERP system
- Competency of sales tax obligations nationally and internationally and ability to assess pros/cons of revenue recognition, sales tax (WayFair), and other government credit programs
- Outstanding technology/software, analytics, and management experience required
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative entrepreneurial challenges
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Attentive, able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Experience with month-end closings, journal entries, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Financial statements consolidation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to meet business-critical deadlines
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Datacubed Health is a pioneering healthcare technology company with the power to unlock the mysteries of what it is to be human. Datacubed Health collects accurate real-world data that is relevant and actionable, tailored to everything from patient support to clinical trials – and which can optimize patient health and compliance. With Datacubed Health as a partner, organizations can select just what they need from a wealth of information to help create or test effective medications, precisely time interventions, help patients stay on track, and develop new research strategies. This is a great organization with a collaborative startup culture, with a common goal to get “Better Data based on Better Science, yielding Better Analysis, and Better Policy.” We’re a talented bunch of people seeking to unlock our human code, showing the connectedness to the physical world, unveiling all of the factors that make humans…human, and unleash the intrinsic value in doing so. Datacubed Health is located in Brooklyn, New York. Visit us online at www.datacubed.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org