Website Datacubed Health
Do you like developing innovative and engaging apps for Android? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your skills?
Join us for a unique summer internship experience where you can develop your mobile skills while working collaboratively on complex computer science solutions.
We are seeking an Android developer intern to help develop our mobile apps used for engaging research participants and collecting data for large scale research and health studies. This position reports to the mobile development lead.
Datacubed Health is an exciting start-up providing a revolutionary mHealth platform. Datacubed was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
The initial term of employment is 3 months with the opportunity to extend based on need and mutual agreement. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
This position can be full time or part time depending on availability, and is based on-site at our Metrotech Brooklyn, NY Headquarters. Candidates must have authorization to work in the US.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with UX, scientific and technical team members to develop features for our Android application. Key responsibilities include:
- Design and build cutting edge apps on the Android platform
- Become a part of the Engineering team and interact with Data Science, Product Management and User Experience teams
- Learn about Agile methodologies, Quality Engineering, Continuous Integration and get involved in peer code reviews
- Enhance your learning experience by collaborating with senior engineers.
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience with Java
- Must be attending an accredited university with at least 3 courses completed towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar degree and a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
Datacubed Health is a tech developer and provider of the ‘Last Mile’ of Big Data: We’re the end link between big data and people, providing deep phenotyping IoT platforms & data science solutions to power the next great leap in human understanding. D3 was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and it is developing a revolutionary data collection and analysis platform that will disrupt longitudinal research and make novel discoveries empowering healthcare companies to deliver on the promise of precision medicine, behavioral nudging and eliminating waste. This is a great organization to get in on the ground floor of a startup that seeks to revolutionize our knowledge of human behavior. Our mission is Better Data based on Better Science, yielding Better Analysis and Better Policy. We’re a talented bunch of people seeking to unlock our human code, showing the connectedness to the physical world, unveiling all of the factors that make humans…human, and unleash the intrinsic value in doing so. D3’s world headquarter is located in Brooklyn, New York.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com