Study leaders have long identified translation services as one of the most burdensome ePRO pain points. Expensive, lengthy, and stale processes and tools have resulted in a lack of vendor innovation. I’m thrilled to discuss the groundbreaking work happening at Datacubed Health. Let me explain. Datacubed Health is making groundbreaking advances in clinical trial technology. We are developing innovative tools to specifically improve patient outcomes and streamline ePRO/eCOA translations delivery. I believe this work is truly transformative and has the potential to change the way we design trials.
We enjoy using creative thinking to solve long-standing ePRO/eCOA problems. Therefore, we decided to revolutionize translation processes through technical innovation to combat stagnant approaches. I’m delighted to announce that our plan will reduce ePRO/eCOA translation timelines by a minimum of 20%.
How we do it
Our solution’s foundation is the Datacubed Health eCOA/ePRO/Patient Engagement platform. We have markedly reduced the time it takes to generate source content and questionnaires by utilizing our authoring tools and other automation strategies. We leverage these capabilities to further accelerate, optimize, and ensure the quality of translated source material.
Today, most translation processes look something like this:
- Screens are created in English and then sent to language service providers.
- Language service providers create the translations and send them back to be produced on the device.
- Screenshots are taken on the device and returned to the translators for review.
- After reviewing the screens, the translation experts send back language, formatting, and other errors, such as line breaks.
- The screenshots are updated and reviewed again, and – once the screens are error-free – the language service providers will certify them.
You’ll probably have to repeat steps 3 through 5 multiple times, taking days or weeks each time. There is a high probability of error in these manual handoffs. Furthermore, this process makes it difficult to provide visibility into the status of translations – especially for increasingly extensive global studies.
We believe that it doesn’t have to be this way.
Using Datacubed Health’s eCOA/ePRO/patient engagement platform, the translation process looks more like this:
- Questionnaires and content are created in English and sent to language service providers.
- Language service providers create translations and load them to view in screenshot form.
- Using the Datacubed Health proprietary authoring tool, reviewers log into the platform, view screens online, and make edits directly in the platform.
- The translation services providers then certify the screens.
Imagine the time and frustration you could save by streamlining your digital process! I am eager to hear your thoughts, experiences, and how Datacubed Health can assist with clinical trial translations.
Want to learn more? Check out this short demo video and set up a time to meet with one of our experts when you’re ready.